Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
New York Oral, Maxillofacial, and Implant Surgery (NYOMIS) in Scarsdale NY
The following are instructions which must be followed prior to having oral surgical procedures performed under sedation or anesthesia:
- Do not eat or drink anything, including water, 6 hours prior to your appointment (except for medicines, which can be taken with a small sip of water ). If your appointment is the first thing in the morning, do not eat or drink anything past midnight.
- All patients with a history of asthma must bring their inhaler to the appointment.
- An adult driver must accompany you and drive you home after the procedure.
- Notify the doctor if you have a cold, sore throat, or other illness prior to procedure.
- Prior to the procedure, remove dentures, contact lenses and nail polish.
- Wear comfortable clothes, loose arm sleeves or short sleeves with flat shoes.
- After the procedure, you should not drive or operate machinery until the following day.
- The day of surgery, someone should be with you to assist you and to help prevent falls.